Our mission at DIS is to help students become successful contributing members of a global society by providing a safe, nurturing environment in which students can reach their maximum potential; socially, emotionally, and intellectually.
DIS Schoolwide Learner Outcomes (SLOs)
Students attending DIS will strive to acquire the following schoolwide learner outcomes:
We are DIS
- Responsible (doing the right thing)
- Collaborative (being an active team member)
- Confident (believing in yourself)
- Creative (being expressive and imaginative)
- Analytical (thinking things through carefully)
- Literate (having effective reading, writing, speaking, and listening skills)
- Globally-minded (thinking about things on a global level)
- Respectful (having good character, being polite, honest, and kind)
- Well-rounded (having a balanced life - school, health, social)
Daegu International School is fully licensed by the Ministry of Education, Republic of Korea and is recognized by the Department of Education, Maine, USA as an associated school of Lee Academy, in Lee, Maine, USA. Lee Academy is a member of the Maine Association of Independent Schools, the Independent Schools Association of Northern New England (ISANNE), and The Association of Boarding Schools (TABS). Lee Academy is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC). Because of this partnership with Lee Academy, students who graduate from DIS receive both a DIS diploma and a Lee Academy diploma. DIS is accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Schools, Western Association of Schools and Colleges.